Monday, June 8, 2009

Terminator Salvation (2009)

A year ago when I heard that “Terminator Salvation” was coming out, I was so excited that the movie would be a re-boot similar to “Star Trek”. However, after missing the premiere three weeks ago (and hearing all the bad reviews), I decided to lower my expectations and review this movie as just another summer blockbuster. With that in mind – the movie was entertaining. Some good effects, some bad effects. Below – my brief review.

Christian Bale was less than spectacular as John Connor – he wasn’t that impressive and his part was barely there. Sam Worthington’s character, Marcus, was much more compelling, but could have been more fleshed. And Mr. Worthington needs to work on his American accent – he slipped more than a few times into his native Australian tongue.

The part of the movie I loved the most is actually a spoiler alert – so I won’t give it away here, but I will say that there is a nice tie to the FOX TV show, “Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles”. In the “Sarah Connor Chronicles”, Sarah (Lena Headey) can’t understand why future John (Thomas Decker) would not only align himself with certain Terminators but also actually have feelings for one, Cameron (Summer Glau). This is explained at the end of “Salvation” that made it all worth watching.

If you didn’t enjoy “Terminator Salvation”, then maybe you should check out the now cancelled “Sarah Connor Chronicles” on DVD. To see my review of this show, click here.

End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices seeking the sneakers were around 190 bucks on every page. But completely I set this area selling them for the benefit of half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?