Sunday, March 2, 2008

Academy Award Winners

Shortly after my last blog (with my rant about the writers' strike), the strike ended. Therefore, I thought I'd quickly recap my thoughts on last Sunday's Academy Awards. I wholeheartedly agreed with "No Country for Old Men" taking the Best Picture award. This movie is absolutely fantastic with some great performances. I also believed that Daniel Day-Lewis deserved Best Actor. I was secretly excited to see Marion Cotillard win Best Actress for "La Vie en Rose".

However, the award I was most thrilled about was Best Song. "Falling Slowly" from the "Once" soundtrack won. And the acceptance speech from Marketa Irglova was the most inspiring speech of the evening.

Now that the strike is over and everyone is back to work, I am once again in love with movies. You can expect to hear a lot more from me in the coming months. I've got lots of movies I want to review!

End.

No comments: